Here is an update on the IgniteSydney ticket sales. After paying the EventBrite fees, GST, venue hire, the speakers’ bar tab and other expenses, there is $3,813.45 in profit from the ticket sales from Ignite Sydney 13.
So far we’ve donated:
- $500 to Light for Riley to help campaign for whooping cough vaccinations for pregnant women and new mothers
- $500 to Little Wings to help provide transport for sick children in regional NSW to/from The Children’s Hospital
- $500 to Black Dog institute to help improve the lives of people affected by depression and mood disorders
- $500 to Doggie Rescue to help rescue and find new homes for abandoned dogs which would otherwise be put down
- $500 to Open Australia Foundation to help build tools to simplify the discovery and use of public data
- $500 to Mission Australia to help end family violence in Australian homes
Thanks to everyone who bought a ticket! We’ll donate the remaining funds to the food-rescue charity OzHarvest, once the final numbers are in.
Didn’t have time to attend Ignite Sydney #13, or feel like reliving the evening? Now you can experience the whole event in 40 seconds!