We’ve all imagined what we’d do to sort out this mess, if only we were in charge. At IgniteSydney 14, we want you to tell us, “here’s what I would do…”
Head to IgniteSydney.com/submit and tell us your presentation proposal.
IgniteSydney 14 will be held on Tuesday 20th October, 2015. Tickets will be available soon.
With thanks to Hunting With Pixels, the videos from Ignite Sydney 13 are now available on our YouTube channel!
Here is an update on the IgniteSydney ticket sales. After paying the EventBrite fees, GST, venue hire, the speakers’ bar tab and other expenses, there is $3,734.64 in profit from the ticket sales from Ignite Sydney 13.
Here is how we donated the money:
- $500 to Light for Riley to help campaign for whooping cough vaccinations for pregnant women and new mothers
- $500 to Little Wings to help provide transport for sick children in regional NSW to/from The Children’s Hospital
- $500 to Black Dog institute to help improve the lives of people affected by depression and mood disorders
- $500 to Doggie Rescue to help rescue and find new homes for abandoned dogs which would otherwise be put down
- $500 to Open Australia Foundation to help build tools to simplify the discovery and use of public data
- $500 to Mission Australia to help end family violence in Australian homes
- $735 to the Unicef Nepal Earthquake Children’s Appeal to help in the aftermath of the devastating earthquakes
Thanks to everyone who bought a ticket!